If you’ve read my latest post in the high seas and beyond category, you must’ve seen how much I had to shell out for my dish. Well here Ive tried to recreate something similar and you can enjoy it for much less I am sure. Serve with some steamed veggies and a robust salad for a complete meal.
- 3 (6-ounce) pieces sea bass
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped(divided)
- 6tbsp butter
- juice of three lemons divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper , half the lemon juice and garlic for 2 hours or more.. Put the flour in a shallow bowl, dredge the fish, tapping off the excess flour to create a light coating.
In a medium nonstick fry pan, heat the 3 tablespoons olive OIL over medium heat. Cook the fish until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a plate.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the butter and remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sautee it till its golden. Now add the rest of the lemon juice parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook for a few minutes, mixing it well to combine the ingredients. Add the basil and the fish and heat for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.